INTRODUCTION OF USING A POS SYSTEM FOR AUTO STORE
A POS (point of sale) system has multiple advantages and benefits over traditional cash registers and credit card terminal combination.
POS systems have gotten considerably easier to use and more cost-effective than ever before in the past, so if you have ever considered switching to such a system, now is the time to complete the switch.
More and more businesses are adopting POS systems as they bring forth benefits in every area of the business, not just at the checkout.
This article will discuss the various advantages of using a POS system for auto stores:
ADVANTAGES OF USING A POS SYSTEM FOR AUTO STORE
- Better efficiency: A POS system offers an all-in-one multi-tool for your cashiers to use and run their operations much more efficiently. Combined with a barcode scanner, a cashier can process purchases and checkouts much faster than it was possible with old cash registers. Studies have shown that stores experience a 30-50% increase in sales and management efficiency after switching to a POS system to handle the load. Better efficiency overall provides a good base for further incremental improvements to your business process.
- Availability to diverse payment options: Point of sale systems typically include the ability to readily accept different types of payment methods such as EMV chip cards, mobile wallet payment options such as Apple Pay and Android Pay, credit cars, debit cars, and a whole host of various other types. Enabling your customers to use different types of payment is a guarantor of increased revenue alongside better customer satisfaction. Studies have shown that the number of people using cash to pay for goods is seeing a slow decline, leading to the growing popularity of electronic payment systems.
- Ease of use: Modern point of sale systems are designed to be as easy to use as possible. Point of sale software is quite easy for employees to learn and master, resulting in the shortening of training times and increasing productivity. Many POS systems also incorporate touch screens provided that you have suitable displays, a very convenient feature now that practically all of us are adept at navigating through touchscreens.
- Better inventory and employee management: Point of sale systems come with advanced inventory management capabilities which allow you to track minute details of each and every item in your inventory. This is greatly advantageous for auto stores as it is possible to track a product’s quantity, set reorder triggers and routines, and store all the relevant information tied to each item. A point of sale system also provides real-time data feed from your inventory, saving you hours upon hours of inventory management time which can be redirected to more useful ventures.
- A good point of sale software will minimize the time you would spend on schedules and their enforcement. Most modern POS systems include a time-clock functionality allowing your employees to accurately record their check-ins and checkouts on a POS terminal. As a result, you are empowered with access control measures in order to make sure employee identity is verified each and every time. Good employee management is always a boon for any kind of business.
- Reporting: Point of sale systems come with advanced reporting features that allow you to keep a close eye on sales, profits, and expenses. This is combined with real-time data display with information laid out in a manner that is easy to read. Many POS systems have cloud reporting features that allow you to access reports from anywhere, always giving you the information required to make data-driven business decisions. Such informational visibility will help you easily identify areas of your business that are doing well and also areas that are not doing very well. All this insight will assist you in making the necessary adjustments to give you an edge in profitability and competitiveness.
- Easy accounting and detailed receipts: Point of sale systems greatly streamline and simplify the accounting process. It can print reports quickly and import data directly with your accounting software. Your customers are provided with more detailed receipts sourced from the use of inventory data such as item description, price, and savings from a sale. Many systems also allow you to customize parts of the receipt in order to put what you want, making it easier to place information on policies, promote social media channels and other programs.
- Quicker service: Point of sale systems provide a substantially faster checkout process than what is possible with traditional cash registers. This faster speed is more pronounced with the addition of a barcode scanner. Long checkout lines are bad news for any store and customers might just get frustrated and leave without a purchase. Quicker purchasing services also tie into the efficiency of your employees so this is quite an important advantage.
Point of sale terminals can be network to other terminals, and to the main server that serves all of them.
They can also wirelessly connect to the handheld devices, creating multiple avenues of access and control.
A number of operations can be tracked in useful ways and customized according to your needs that may change over time.
Installation can cost anywhere from $3,000 to $6,000 in packages that include software, scanners, printers, installation itself, training, and support.
As your business grows in size, a computerized POS system can track multiple retail outlets and branch locations, paying for itself in improved efficiencies.
Point of sale solutions can undoubtedly lower the cost of maintaining a business while at the same time increasing productivity, improving your bottom line.
Adopting a point of sale system will result in a faster return on investment, both in money and time spent on running day-to-day operations.