What do we mean by “job work order”?
Job work order here refers to a document given to the manufacturing shop floor by the production planner as a signal to manufacture a certain quantity of a certain item.
It is useful in generating stock entry for the item to be produced from its bill of materials (also known as product structure which is a list of the raw materials, sub-assemblies, intermediate assemblies, sub-components, parts, and the quantities of each needed to manufacture an end product.)
Job work orders tend to boost productivity in a very efficient way because of the clear instructions that is given forth to the manufacturer, which means work becomes easier and keeping details of materials being used, the items being produced and what-not, are easier to maintain.
Job work order in production process
Job work order is a more commonly used method when dealing with production process and there are a variety of features within the production work order such as flexible work order structures, material commitments to work order, tracking materials and labour costs, establishing consumption timetable, multi-level back flushing, bills of materials and routings, multiple costing methods and work-in-process visibility.
Each of these features that I have stated above have an advantage of its own, for instance, an important feature is the flexible work order structure can give you the flexibility you need to handle virtually any work order requirement effectively- be it you are building engineering prototypes, finished products and sub-assemblies, or managing an entire development project.
This flexible work order structure allows you to plan dates for multiple production runs or to build various combinations of items and/or value-added item components. Thus, managing production in a much easier and efficient way with less problems arising as possible.
Another feature mention-able would be multi-level back flushing. Optimal production operations often require distinct as well as repetitive manufacturing styles.
Work orders deliver the best of both worlds by allowing users to support a hybrid-manufacturing environment simultaneously, with capabilities for both distinct and repetitive back flushing.
More so, bills of materials is at the heart of the manufacturing system and the most important document that will help to create other document types such as work orders and job cards.
Work orders also provide the ability to include configured items on a work orders’ bills of materials.
This gives you the opportunity to use existing product versions or just simply tailor product configurations online in response to current production conditions or unique customer requirements.
You can create any changes necessary, for instance, production capacity or even operational methods, tooling, etc. These unique records provide the basis of order tracking, cost auditing and the as-built product configuration control documentation.
The open source ERP and CRM, Odoo, facilitates these job work order features well and incorporates them into their own production processing. They have an invoicing system to manage finance which is a very effective work order feature in which the bill that you send to the customer requesting payment for goods sold or services is performed.
Invoices include the flexible work order structure in which the details to include are the invoice date and number, tax or registration ID, buyers name and address, related work or purchase order number, unit cost and total price. Can also include a breakdown of taxes, discounts, deposit paid, payment terms, due date and applicable late fees or charges.
If your business is small, then you could use an office software to prepare work orders and invoices. For instance, investing in order-management and invoicing software if you have many customers.
This would allow you to enter, track and manage orders and electronically bill customers.
You can even run aging reports to monitor unpaid invoices and it may also be possible to combine the work order and invoice, for instance, if the labor performed is small you could use a single form at the time. This method works well for smaller companies, but comparatively larger companies tend to separate the two.
Odoo works well in conjunction with both large and small companies with their integrated apps suited for both alike, since it consists of ERP software – type of software used for managing businesses and typically comes in with a package of interconnected apps- it optimizes business processes and the information pipeline through the organisation by integrating the major sections of the business such as purchases, sales, inventory, etc.
Additional advantages of job work order
There are different varieties within a work order, one of them namely being – the work order management system. The advantages of this work order are stated below.
- A centralized system for all orders – work order management systems automate the processes involved in getting work done. They reduce or end the chances of mistakes, disorganization, duplication and other inefficiencies. Once you’ve confirmed all the necessary fields, your task gains approval. Work order management systems improve scheduling and prioritizing of orders according to need. Assigned tasks are clear and transparent. This is how things can run in an efficient manner.
- Control of access to information- A user’s role in the process dictates what data they have access to. Some uses can change data, others can check and report on, progress of a task and keeping them informed. This leads to enhanced accountability. Predictability and reliability improve. This, in turn, leads to improved performance and better job satisfaction.
- Process and inventory tracking- work order management systems provide real time tracking through regular updates during the process. The system can categorizeProduction Scheduling Software : How to Maximize Your Output While Managing Your BusinessAndroid POS System: 5 Most Downloaded Point of Sale Systems in the Play Store tasks and allow management to take action. Customers can also track progress on the processing of their orders. The system can place orders for inventory and equipment as needs arise. This avoids sudden shortages of parts in storage. Thus, costs are lower and efficiency increases. Quality control is also made more efficient.
- Record keeping for improved budgeting and planning- Work order management systems are vital in measuring performance. This is not on the whole system, but also on a micro-level. By having up-to-date records, stoppages and interruptions are also reduced or eliminated. Management is able to use the records to plan and budget for the future from a position of knowledge. Also, operations and equipment upgrades on time. The systems provide a solid information base for setting goals and timelines.
- Work order management systems provide streamlined workflows. Everyone in the process is aware, in real time, exactly where they stand. Problems can be foreseen and mitigated. Communication is more effective and efficient. End-users can also take part by commenting and reacting on the progress of their orders. which enhances communication between all parties. With mobile apps provided in the software, everyone, even when they’re far away, is in the loop via smartphone. This is one of the key reasons why software makes businesses more effective. Work order management software also allows for standardization of procedures. Based on past experience, the organization can optimize their operations.
A Job work order being used in the production process can work amazingly when it is incorporated into the business. Not only does it save a lot of time, it can increase availability and performance of equipment, boost employee productivity, reduce overtime, etc. Business becomes much more efficient and the production line being more of a success.